Metabolomics was redeemd as a study of a complete set of metabolites in a specific cell or organism while targeted Metabolomics was recognized as a quantitative method for the identification and quantitative analysis of targeted metabolic compounds in organisms. It provides information on the content and composition of metabolites, which are closely associated with the biological activities and can vary dramatically under different physiological conditions. Therefore, metabolomics methods are important for studying the biological function and comparing the metabolic systems of different organisms.
The targeted metabolomics service provided by Creative Proteomics is based on our cutting edge separation and analytical platforms. Our experienced technicians have optimized protocols, in order to provide best service to meet customers' requirement.
Workflow of Targeted Metabolomics Service
Featured Targeted Metabolomics Services
Targeted Metabolic Pathways:
Oxidative Stress Compounds:
Chinese Herbal Medicine Ingredient:
Technical Features and Advantages
- Individualized experimental protocols
- We can select different pre-treatment methods according to sample types, optimize chromatographic separation and mass spectrometry conditions, etc. Targeted detection of metabolites, greatly improving the sensitivity, accuracy, specificity and reproducibility of detection, leading to absolute quantitative study of metabolites and information mining of metabolites.
- Excellent high-throughput qualitative and quantitative capabilities.
- High-resolution mass spectrometry, combined with a rich library of standards, which can simultaneously achieve absolute quantification of more than 500 endogenous metabolites in 26 major classes.
- Targeted assays cover 26 categories of endogenous metabolites, including fatty acids, amino acids, bile acids, hormones, neurotransmitters, and oxidized trimethylamine.
- Professional assay and analysis capability.
- Strict quality control system, ultra-high resolution ultra-high performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry system, and professional data pre-processing and analysis capabilities, data reliability and accuracy.
- Triple quadruple MRM mode, the gold standard for quantification, to accurate detect of the absolute content of substances.
|Sample type||Recommended sample size||Pre-treatment and storage|
|Tissue||>200mg||Snap freezing in liquid nitrogen, stored at -80°C.|
|Urine||>0.3ml||5000×g 4°C Centrifuge for 30-60min, remove supernatant, store at -80°C.|
|Serum/plasma||>0.3ml||Collected serum/plasma, snap freezing in liquid nitrogen, stored at -80°C.|
|Cerebrospinal fluid, amniotic fluid, bile and other body fluids||>0.3ml||4°C Centrifuge for 10min, (or filter using 0.22μm membrane), remove supernatant and store at -80°C.|
|Suspension cells||>107||Centrifuge and collect cells after liquid nitrogen snap freezing and store at -80°C.|
|Walled cells||>107||Cultured walled cells are stored in 1.5ml centrifuge tubes, snap freezing in liquid nitrogen and stored at -80°C|
|Cell supernatant||>10ml||centrifuge at 4℃ for 3 minutes, take the supernatant and store at -80℃.|
The recommended number of sample replicates for targeted metabolomics is as follows
|Animal samples (various tissues, blood plasma)||≥ 6 replicates per group|
|Plant, microbial samples (leaf, root tissue)||3 replicates per group|
|Cell samples||3 replicates per group|
|Clinical samples (serum, urine, various tissues, etc.)||≥ 10 replicates per group|