Water is a transparent, nearly colorless, tasteless, and odorless chemical substance, which is the fluids of most living organisms, and the main constituent of earth's oceans, lakes, and streams. Water plays an important role in people's daily life and academic research. Approximately 70% of the freshwater used by humans goes to agriculture. Fishing in fresh water bodies and salt is a major source of food for many parts of the world. For a wide variety of chemical substances, water is an excellent solvent; as such it is widely used in cooking, washing and in industrial processes.
Protecting our environmental water resources and maintaining quality water sources is fundamental in maintaining life. Water quality refers to radiological characteristics, the chemical, biological, and physical of water. And water quality analysis is a measure of the condition of water relative to the requirements of one or more biotic species and or to any human purpose or need. There are various testing may be performed to evaluate, including ambient or environmental water quality, wastewater, "raw water" quality, "finished" water quality, suitability of water for industrial uses.
Water Quality Analysis at Creative Proteomics
Water quality is essential in our life, but over 1,000 poisonous chemicals, pesticides, and other toxic substances may seep into our drinking water because of human behaviors. Based on experience on water quality analysis and a state-of-the-art platform containing sensitive and accurate liquid chromatography, ion chromatography coupled with various detector options, Creative Proteomics can provide services to help you with water quality analysis. With our professional platform, Creative Proteomics can analyze many compound classes in a single injection, including but not limited to:
- Complexing agents
- Organic chlorine compounds
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Semivolatile Organic Compounds (SOCs)
- Polychlorinated biphenyls ( PCBs), phthalates, pesticides and herbicides
- Industrial chemicals
- Unknown degradants or chemical by-products and other unknown contaminants
- Simplified workflows for direct injection of water samples for analysis-little sample preparation required.
- Reliable detection of trace chemical levels in samples with enhanced sensitivity.
- Flexibility to screen for both non-targeted and targeted contaminants at once.
- A professional platform containing advanced technologies, such as liquid chromatography, ion chromatography, and so on.
- Delivery of detailed report in fast turnaround time.
Based on long-standing experience to support the development of the water quality analysis, Creative Proteomics can provide services in water quality analysis to support your research in water sources quality analysis in a vast range. Our experienced scientists and advanced techniques enable us to deliver consistent and high-quality data with cost-efficiency. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Invik, J.; et al. Total coliform and Escherichia coli contamination in rural well water: analysis for passive surveillance. Journal of Water and Health. 2017, 15(5):729-740.