Pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) refer to a broad group of thousands of chemicals, including over the counter and prescription drugs, veterinarian drugs and many consumer products used for personal health, agribusiness, and cosmetics. PPCPs have been detected in water and wastewater effluents around the world. Every day, millions of gallons of treated and untreated sewage from livestock, hospital effluents and activities municipal treatment plant are discharged into the waterways of the world. This sewage contains varying concentrations of pharmaceuticals and personal care products, such as prescription, detergents, nutraceuticals, steroids, insect repellent, and perfumes.
Although PPCPs can benefit human health and life to some extent, recent studies have shown that many chemical compounds of PPCPs at low concentrations can have negative effects on the endocrine systems of aquatic organisms. Other concerns regarding PPCPs include contamination of drinking water, estrogenic effects on wildlife and humans, and the development of antibiotic resistant bacteria.
Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products Analysis at Creative Proteomics
Based on legend experience in PPCPs analysis, Creative Proteomics offers you a state-of-the-art platform for testing a broad group of thousands of chemicals, including but not limited to:
|PPCPs that can be analyzed at Creative Proteomics|
|7||Androstenedione||18||Perfluoropentanoic Acid (PFHeA)|
|8||Carbamazepine||19||Perfluorodecanoic Acid (PFDA)|
|9||Meprobamate||20||Perfluorononanoic Acid (PFNA)|
|10||Oxybenzone||21||Polybrominated Dipheny Ethers (PBDE)|
Specializing in offering a set of services for analyzing chemical compounds of PPCPs in complex matrices, Creative Proteomics can use different methods, including but not limited to:
- Extraction technologies: Solid phase extraction (SPE), solid phase micro extraction (SPME), liquid-liquid extraction (LLE), etc.
- Analysis technologies: Gas chromatograph-mass spectrometry / mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS), liquid chromatography -mass spectrometry / mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), etc.
- Ability to analyze a broad range of PPCPs.
- Highly sensitivity and linearity at very low levels of PPCPs.
- Validated and standardized procedures to get reliable and accurate results.
- Expansive coverage of matrices that can be tested for PPCPs analysis, such as complex wastewater effluent and biosolids matrices.
Creative Proteomics has professional technicians and advanced equipment for PPCPs analysis, and we can configure our LC-MS/MS or GC-MS/MS analysis to suit your needs. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to cooperating with you.
1. Ebele A J, et al. Pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in the freshwater aquatic environment. Emerging Contaminants. 2017, 3: 1-16.