Wine Analysis Service
Wine is an alcoholic beverage and is made from fermented grapes. Yeast consumes the sugar and converts it to carbon dioxide, ethanol, and heat in the grapes. Different strains of yeasts and varieties of grapes can produce different styles of wine. These variations result from the complex interactions between the reactions involved in fermentation, the biochemical development of the grape, the production process, and the terroir. Some wines not made from grapes include rice wine and fruit wines such as elderberry, plum, pomegranate, cherry, and currant.
Wine is a complex mixture of chemical compounds. The macromolecules of wines include polysaccharides, proteins, and polyphenols. These macromolecules exhibit both complexity of structure and function, and high structural specificity. Polysaccharides have been thoroughly studied because of sensory properties and their important functions in wines. Polysaccharides have the ability to interact and aggregate with tannins, to decrease astringency in wine, to interact with wine aroma compounds, to inhibit hydrogen tartrate crystallization, and to form specific coordination complexes with the bivalent lead ion. The structures and amounts of polysaccharides released into wines depend on the specific wine-making process and can be modified by enzymatic treatment.
Wine Analysis Service at Creative Proteomics
With long-standing experience and a state-of-the-art platform about wine analysis, Creative Proteomics can offer various wine analysis services that including conventional analysis methods as well as solid-phase microextraction (SPME), comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography, time-of-flight mass spectrometry (TOF-MS) and so on. Wine analysis services at Creative Proteomics support your research, including but not limited:
- Phenolic concentration and component analysis
- Color analysis of wines, including yellow, brown, red and more
- Acetaldehyde, ethyl acetate analysis
- Ascorbic acid, erythorbic acid, benzoic acid
- Alpha-amino compounds (NOPA) analysis
- Mineral analysis, including aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, copper, lead, magnesium
- Antioxidants: catechin, quercetin, quercetin glycosides, cis and trans resveratrol and tannin
- Biogenic amines: Cadaverine, histamine, putrescine and tyramine
- Ethylphenols, haloanisole and halophenol, carbaryl, laccase, carbohydrates, diacetyl, dimethyl sulfide (DMS), ethanol, methanol, ethyl acetate, ethyl carbamate, eucalyptol, geosmin, glucose, fructose, glutathione, glycerol, histamine, tyramine and more
Creative Proteomics is a professional biotech company specializing in providing wine analysis services. State-of-the-art equipment, highly trained and experienced staff, as well as reference methodologies are utilized to enable us to deliver consistent and high-quality data with cost-efficiency. Based on highly experienced and knowledgeable in the application of wine analysis, Creative Proteomics can provide fast turnaround, clear concise written reports, and custom service to help customers resolve your analytical and technical challenges. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Fabres P.J.; et al. A Concise Review on Multi-Omics Data Integration for Terroir Analysis in Vitis vinifera. Front Plant Sci. 2017, 8: 1065-1073.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.