Meat Testing Service
In order to help you minimize the risk of food fraud and ensure that your product labels are correct and comply with corresponding regulations or guidelines, Creative Proteomics has developed a meat testing platform that can provide one-stop customized analysis services for your products.
The adulteration and authenticity of meat products have attracted wide attention. The problem of meat counterfeiting and adulteration seriously infringes upon the rights and interests of consumers, health and import and export trade. The adulteration of meat products is mainly reflected in: 1) the adulteration of raw meat; 2) Tissue replacement, such as replacement of muscle tissue components with other animal tissue (fat, etc.); 3) The addition of non-meat ingredients, such as water injection and incorporation of plant protein.
In order to protect the rights and interests of consumers, different countries and regions in the world have made different levels of provisions on the labeling requirements of meat products. The European Union's Quantitative ingredient Declaration (QUID) mandates that meat products display all ingredients and their net content. The calculation method of the net content is specified in detail, and the main components of meat are skeletal muscle protein, connective tissue protein and fat, etc., which must be listed separately and the maximum content is specified. The maximum fat limit of pork is 30%. The connective tissue protein limit is 25%. The maximum fat limit for bird and rabbit meat is 15%. The connective tissue protein limit is 10%. The fat content and connective tissue protein limit of other mammalian pure meat and mixed meat products is 25%. This is the most stringent meat ingredient labeling system. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food labeling guidelines stipulate that all ingredients must be identified in meat products, and all ingredients should be listed in descending order according to quality on the main display surface of the food packaging.
To help you minimize the risk of food fraud and ensure that your product labels are correct and compliant, Creative Proteomics has developed a food authenticity detection platform. Our professional technicians can provide you with accurate and reliable meat testing services to analyze and identify the meat content of products, including beef, pork, lamb, horse meat, chicken, etc. We strictly abide by the quality assurance/quality control plans and regulatory requirements of each country and region to provide you with support. Including but not limited to the following standards and methods: ISO, FDA, EU regulations.
Meat Test Items in Creative Proteomics
- Authenticity identification of meat ingredients: detection of animal ingredients (chicken), animal ingredients (duck), dog-derived ingredients, pig-derived ingredients, cattle-derived ingredients, sheep-derived ingredients, horse and donkey-derived ingredients.
- Nutrition label component detection of meat products: detection of skeletal muscle protein, connective tissue protein and fat, etc.
- Meat safety detection: detection of pesticide residues, major elements, harmful elements and other indicators.
Meat Testing Platform
- Semi-quantitative detection based on real-time PCR and DNA sequencing: DNA detection can quickly and accurately determine whether various processed foods contain animal-derived ingredients.
- Raman scattering spectra: Identification of beef, pork, chicken and Turkey; Distinguish chicken breast from leg meat, etc.
- Infrared absorption spectroscopy: Identify the adulteration of beef, lamb and pork.
- Liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry (LC / ESI-MS / MS): Comprehensive meat component identification, suitable for multiple detection purposes.
Turnaround Time: 7-10 working days.
At Creative Proteomics, our analytical scientists are experienced in meat species testing. After communicating with you about the testing scheme, we will implement it within a quick turnaround time and provide you with an analysis report. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.