GMO Testing Service
Creative Proteomics provides qualitative and quantitative GMO testing platforms, which can customize exclusive solutions according to your samples and requirements.
Genetically modified organisms (GMO) were introduced into the food chain 20 years ago. The analysis and testing of genetically modified food (GMF) is mainly for the genetically modified ingredients of raw crops. Regulators or consumers need to know all the information about the insertion of foreign genes and the impact of foreign genes and their expression products on human health and the environment.
At present, more than 50 countries in the world have implemented labeling management systems for genetically modified foods. GMF labeling system is mainly divided into mandatory labeling and voluntary labeling. Countries or organizations represented by the European Union and China have formulated stricter and preventive legal systems and set the threshold for marking. Countries and regions represented by the United States have developed a voluntary labeling system, which only needs to be labelled when there are obvious differences between genetically modified foods and traditional foods such as allergens. Government agencies will mark the import permit for genetically modified foods according to the labeling system and then enter the circulation link.
Creative Proteomics has developed a detection, identification and quantification platform for genetically modified organisms. We can provide consultation on the best detection methods for the special needs of different customers. We strictly abide by the testing methods and standards established by countries/regions or other special requirements to provide you with technical support.
Available GMO Testing in Creative Proteomics
- GMO testing of seed or plant tissue samples
- GMO testing of food samples
GMO Testing Platform
- Semi-quantitative polymerase chain reaction, real-time fluorescent quantitative polymerase chain reaction, multiple quantitative polymerase chain reaction technologies: The number of copies of the target gene of the sample in transgenic food is evaluated by analyzing the PCR final product or process detection. Reveal and identify any organism in a sample based on the organism's unique genetic code.
- Omics analysis technology: Mainly includes transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics and other technologies. The main purpose is to evaluate the unintended effects of the sample, so that the hazard identification of genetically modified food can be carried out correctly.
- Near infrared spectroscopy detection: Use spectrogram and simulation software to build a library of known samples. The sample information database contains a large number of error-corrected data of transgenic and non-transgenic reference samples from different sources, which can be used to build simple models for bioinformatics. This method is also a supplement on the basis of evaluating expected effects.
At Creative Proteomics, our analytical scientists are experienced in GMO testing. After communicating with you about the testing scheme, we will implement it within a quick turnaround time and provide you with an analysis report. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.