Food Sugar Profile Analysis Service
In recent years, with the prevalence of obesity and diabetes, the need to monitor sugar intake has also increased. Low-sugar and sugar-free products are becoming more and more popular among consumers. Sugar-free food refers to a kind of food that does not contain sucrose (cane sugar and beet sugar) and starch sugar (glucose, maltose, fructose), but must contain sugar alcohols (including xylitol, sorbitol, maltitol, mannitol) as a substitute for sugar. In some countries and regions, food labeled as sugar-free, sugar-free or low-calorie has very detailed and strict regulations. In order to comply with local laws and regulations, food manufacturers need to provide accurate sugar content information on food labels. Consumers can make informed choices based on sugar content information and their own needs. Analyzing the content of sugar in the product is also an effective tool to identify the authenticity and adulteration of the product.
Our experts can provide you with comprehensive food amino acid testing service. We strictly abide by the quality assurance/quality control plans and regulatory requirements of each country and region to provide you with support. Including but not limited to the following standards and methods: ISO, FDA/BAM, ASTM, AOAC, EU regulations, LFGB, DGCCRF, DM 21/03/1973, JFSL, GB/T and SN.
Food Sugar Profile Analysis at Creative Proteomics
- We can provide fructose, glucose, sucrose, maltose, lactose analysis
- Verify the manufacturer/supplier's nutritional information
- Validate data generated by software-based database analysis
Food Sugar Profile Analysis Platform
Lab-based methods for sugar spectrum analysis require sending samples to the laboratory for testing. Then, various scientific instruments and techniques are used in the laboratory to pre-process and analyze the samples to obtain product-specific data.
- High performance liquid chromatography
HPLC is widely used in sugar analysis by virtue of its separation ability, accuracy and analysis speed. HPLC technology usually uses RI or ELS detection.
- RI detection requires careful control of the mobile phase to avoid any changes in the analysis, so isocratic elution is required. When using different mobile phase components, the RI detector may take several hours to reach equilibrium.
- In the case of changes in the mobile phase composition, ELS detection is relatively more reliable. However, ELS often fails to achieve the sensitivity required to detect sugars in complex matrices. We will customize suitable testing solutions according to customers' samples and needs.
- High performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry
This method can reduce the detection limit and obtain the mass spectrum information of each component in the sample.
Acceptable Samples: Most raw and processed foods or ingredients. Samples containing sugar alcohols may produce variable results.
Turnaround Time: 7-9 Business Days
At Creative Proteomics, our analytical scientists are experienced in food sugar profile analysis. After communicating with you about the testing scheme, we will implement it within a quick turnaround time and provide you with an analysis report. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.