Fish Speciation Testing Service
In order to protect the interests of consumers, reduce the risk of food fraud, and ensure that all kinds of fish and fish products comply with the laws and regulations of the destination countries or regions, Creative Proteomics has developed an authenticity testing platform, which can provide you with one-stop fish or fish products testing services.
The phenomenon of mislabeling and shoddy fish and meat products is very common in the world aquatic products trade. There have been reports that the incidence of mislabeling of certain fish sold in some European countries exceeds 1/5, and about 39% of aquatic products sold in New York are suspected of counterfeiting. There are low-value fish pretending to be high-value fish in the market, and even poisonous fish are used as raw materials for production. There is actually no fish ingredient in fish products. Food quality and safety issues caused by adulteration and false food labeling are worthy of attention.
Creative Proteomics has developed a fish speciation testing platform that can help you minimize the risk of food fraud and ensure that your product labels are correct and compliant. We can use our professional knowledge to customize exclusive solutions for our customers to help manufacturers / companies build brands and improve food safety. We strictly abide by the quality assurance/quality control plans and regulatory requirements of each country and region to provide you with support.
Fish Speciation Test Items in Creative Proteomics
- Identify fish species.
- Test the species of fish contained in fishery products to ensure the accuracy of nutrition labeling.
- Test the authenticity of fish products. Without knowing the possible species in advance, the exact species can be identified in fresh and processed fish or even fish products.
* In addition, we also provide nutrition analysis of fish products, including amino acid content determination, metal element analysis, polysaccharide component analysis, etc.
Fish Speciation Testing Platform
- Near infrared absorption spectroscopy (NIR): By collecting the infrared spectra of various organic substances in food, and using chemometrics to correct and mathematical modeling, the contents of NIR can be qualitative and quantitative in a fast, nondestructive spectroscopy. It can be used for qualitative and quantitative analysis of organic compounds in fish products.
- Ultra performance liquid chromatography-Tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS): Comprehensive fish and fish products component identification, suitable for multiple detection purposes.
- PCR-RFLP technology: a molecular labeling technology that combines polymerase chain reaction (PCR), restriction fraglnent length polymorphism (RFLP) technology and ordinary DNA electrophoresis technology. Suitable for identification of fish products.
- DNA barcoding: Accurate and rapid identification of species using a standard piece of DNA. The technique can be identified at the level of species, independent of morphological characteristics and individual differences. This method is not limited to the classification of species, and can also be used for the analysis of aquatic food composition, the community detection of aquatic products, and the discovery of new species of aquatic products.
- High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC): Detect the differences in polysaccharide components.
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS): Determine the content of metal elements in fish products.
Turnaround Time: 7-10 working days.
At Creative Proteomics, our analytical scientists are experienced in fish speciation testing. After communicating with you about the testing scheme, we will implement it within a quick turnaround time and provide you with an analysis report. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.