Coffee Testing Service
In order to protect the interests of consumers, reduce the risk of food fraud, and ensure the accuracy of product labels, Creative Proteomics has developed a coffee authenticity and composition testing platform.
Coffee is one of the three major beverages in the world. In the food trade, coffee adulteration is a problem worth noting.
At present, the common methods of coffee adulteration are as follows: 1) Adulteration of coffee with cheaper foreign materials. For example, coffee husk, chicory, corn, barley, wood tissue, acai powder and other substances. Although these ingredients do not cause physical harm, they will allow coffee merchants to obtain higher profits, affect product quality and taste, and harm the interests of consumers. 2) The use of cheap coffee beans mixed with expensive coffee beans as adulterated and not stated in the food label. For example, Arabica coffee beans are twice the price of Robusta beans, which has a better taste. For profit, cheap Robusta beans are usually mixed with Arabica coffee. 3) The geographical origin of coffee beans indicated in the food label is wrong.
Coffee is loved by people for its unique flavor and functional characteristics. After proper roasting, the ingredients (chlorogenic acid, trigonelline, polysaccharide, fat and protein, etc.) of coffee raw beans can trigger different chemical reactions (Maillard, Stecker degradation, caramelization, etc.) to form the characteristic flavor of coffee. We can provide the detection of various compounds in coffee beans to help explore the formation mechanism of coffee flavor components or clarify the nutrient content on the food label of coffee beans.
Creative Proteomics has developed a coffee testing platform, we customize targeted solutions according to different samples and customer requirements. For consumers, manufacturers, retailers, and managers, we can help identify the types of coffee beans and identify their sources, detect the adulteration of raw materials, and minimize the risk of food fraud. For manufacturers, companies, etc., we can help you build brands, ensure that product labels are correct and compliant, and ensure food safety. We strictly abide by the quality assurance/quality control plans and regulatory requirements of each country and region to provide you with support.
Coffee Test Items in Creative Proteomics
- Test the raw materials of coffee products
- Test the type of coffee bean
- Identify the geographical origin of the coffee
- Test the composition of coffee: test contains coffee nutrients and harmful substances
Coffee Testing Platform
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) analysis: Identify the type of coffee beans.
- Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy analysis: Qualitative and quantitative analysis of organic matter in coffee beans. Detect the geographic origin of specific coffee beans.
- Ultra-performance liquid chromatography- tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS): Test chemical components in coffee, including main nutrients, etc. Analysis of nutrition label of coffee products.
Turnaround Time: 7-10 working days.
At Creative Proteomics, our analytical scientists are experienced in coffee testing. After communicating with you about the testing scheme, we will implement it within a quick turnaround time and provide you with an analysis report. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.