Codfish Testing Service
Creative Proteomics technicians can provide codfish testing services for manufacturers, enterprises, and regulatory authorities, including quality testing, nutrition label analysis, and codfish allergen testing.
Codfish is rich in nutrients and is loved by consumers. However, codfish is one of the foods that often cause allergies. The protein that often causes allergic reactions in codfish is parvalbumin, which can still cause allergic reactions even after cooking. Therefore, people who are allergic to codfish should strictly avoid eating codfish, especially the hidden codfish ingredients in food.
Many countries or regions including the European Union, the United States, New Zealand, Australia, China, etc. have regulations on food allergen labels. Foods containing codfish components need to have clear food allergy labels. Accurate food labeling effectively helps food manufacturers reduce the risk of food recalls and also helps food export sales. For people allergic to codfish, accurate food labels provide more guidance for consumers to choose food. For such products that do not contain codfish components but may have codfish cross-contamination in the manufacturing plant, it is also necessary to conduct trace testing of codfish protein.
Creative Proteomics has developed a codfish detection platform that can provide manufacturers, enterprises, and regulatory agencies with exclusive customized solutions. We can detect the nutritional content of codfish and related products to determine accurate nutrition labels, and detect microorganisms and contaminants to ensure food safety. Allergen testing can also be conducted on products that contain or may contain codfish components to ensure consumer health and safety.
What Analysis Can We Do?
Codfish products testing:
The detectable codfish products include but are not limited to:
Water cod, silver cod, fried cod, cod fish intestines, cod fillets, deep-sea cod, cod fillets, cod meat, cod strips, frozen cod, dried cod, cod fish oil, cod peptide, cod pureed, canned cod, cod burgers
The detectable content includes but not limited to:
- Microbiological testing: total number of colonies, E. coli, mold, pathogenic bacteria, etc.
- Nutritional component testing: energy, protein, carbohydrate, fat, dietary fiber, vitamins, amino acids, trace elements, etc.
- Food contamination testing: PCBs, heavy metals, pesticide residues, veterinary drug residues, sulfur dioxide, basic nitrogen, histamine, formaldehyde, benzopyrene, etc.
- Physical and chemical testing: sensory testing, moisture, pH, acid value, peroxide value, loss on drying, evaporation residue, etc.
Codfish allergen testing:
Other products that contain or may contain codfish: Qualitative and quantitative detection of allergenic proteins in codfish.
Codfish Testing Platform
Codfish products food safety test technology:
- Liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry (LC / ESI-MS / MS)
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy
Codfish allergen detection technology:
- Fluorescent probe RT-PCR: Qualitative detection of cod - derived components in food raw materials or processed foods.
At Creative Proteomics, our analytical scientists are experienced in codfish testing. After communicating with you about the testing scheme, we will implement it within a quick turnaround time and provide you with an analysis report. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.