Cashews Testing Service
Creative Proteomics technicians can provide cashew nut testing services for manufacturers, enterprises, and regulatory authorities, including product quality testing, nutrition label analysis, and cashew nut allergen testing.
Cashew nuts are one of the four major dried fruits in the world. They have rich nutritional value and are widely used as raw food, baking or making various recipes. We provide manufacturers with cashew nut product testing services to ensure the quality and safety of your products. We can also provide you with nutritional component testing services to determine accurate food labels.
For regulatory agencies and consumers, we can also provide testing to help determine whether the safety of the target food is guaranteed.
Cashews are one of the main causes of food allergies, accounting for 20 percent of nut allergies. Cashews are high in protein, about 18 percent, and most are heat-resistant, causing allergic reactions even after being heated to high temperatures. People who are allergic to cashew nuts should strictly avoid eating cashew nuts, especially the cashew components hidden in food.
Cashew nut processing plants coexist with other food processing plants in some food production enterprises. There may be cross-contamination causing cashew nut residues to accidentally enter other foods. Small amounts of cashews may also cause allergies to consumers who are intolerant of cashews. Therefore, trace analysis of cashew nuts in other products is also very important.
Accurate food labeling effectively helps food manufacturers reduce the risk of food recalls and also helps food export sales. For consumers who are intolerant of cashew nuts, accurate food labels provide more guidance for consumers to choose food.
Creative Proteomics has developed a cashew nut testing platform that can provide services to product manufacturers and enterprises. Our professionals will customize exclusive solutions for our customers.
What Analysis Can We Do?
Cashew products testing:
- Sensory testing of cashew products: shape, color, smell, taste, imperfect grains, net content, etc.
- Physical and chemical testing of cashew products: moisture, acid value, peroxide value, ash, ph, extract, insoluble matter, etc.
- Microbiological testing of cashew products: total number of colonies, coliforms, mold and yeast, salmonella, Shigella, Staphylococcus aureus, pathogenic bacteria, etc.
- Contaminant testing of cashew products: food additives, heavy metals (lead, total arsenic and inorganic arsenic, total chromium, total mercury and inorganic mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium), benzopyrene, nitrite, aflatoxin detection, etc.
- Nutrient component testing of cashew products: calorie, carbohydrate, protein, fat, dietary fiber, vitamin, amino acid, mineral content.
Cashew allergen testing:
Cashew nut-derived components testing in other food products: mainly detects cashew major protein (CMP).
Cashews Testing Platform
Cashew products food safety test technology:
- Liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry (LC / ESI-MS / MS)
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy analysis
Cashew nut allergen detection technology:
- Fluorescent probe RT-PCR: According to the characteristics of cashew allergenic protein coding gene and eukaryotic 18SrRNA sequence, design specific primers and probes to qualitatively detect cashew-derived components in food raw materials or processed foods.
At Creative Proteomics, our analytical scientists are experienced in cashews testing. After communicating with you about the testing scheme, we will implement it within a quick turnaround time and provide you with an analysis report. If you have any questions or specific needs, do not hesitate to contact us.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.