Carbohydrates Analysis Service
Carbohydrates are important food components affecting taste and nutrition. As well as being an important source of energy and dietary fiber, carbohydrates also contribute to the sweetness, appearance and textural characteristics of many foods. The determination of the types and concentrations of carbohydrates in foods is integral for energy evaluation, nutritional labeling, quality control, and for identifying possible adulteration. It is vital to determine the type and concentration of carbohydrates in foods for a number of reasons.
Carbohydrates Analysis at Creative Proteomics
At Creative Proteomics, we can provide a large number of analytical techniques to measure the total concentration and types of carbohydrates presented in foods.
1. Monosaccharides and Oligosaccharides
- Chromatographic methods are the most powerful analytical techniques for the analysis of the type and concentration of monosaccharides and oligosaccharides in foods, including thin layer chromatography (TLC), gas chromatography (GC) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Chemical methods, including titration methods, gravimetric methods, colorimetric methods.
- Enzymatic methods based on enzymes rely on their ability to catalyze specific reactions.
- Physical methods. These physical methods rely on their being a change in some physicochemical characteristic of a food as its carbohydrate concentration varies. Commonly used methods include polarimetry, refractive index, and density.
2. Polysaccharides and Fiber
- Gravimetric Methods. The crude fiber method gives an estimate of indigestible fiber in foods.
- Chemical Methods. The fiber content is equal to the sum of all nonstarch monosaccharides plus lignin remaining once all the digestible carbohydrates have been removed.
- Carbohydrate analysis can be used in a variety of food products, including:
- Corn syrup
- Dietary fiber
- We have analytical scientists who are highly experienced and knowledgeable in the application of carbohydrates analyses to a wide variety of industries.
- Clear concise written reports, and custom service are provided to help customers resolve your analytical and technical challenges.
Creative Proteomics is the best partner for carbohydrates analysis, who has a variety of methods. Moreover, we would love to design studies to address clients’ specific requirements. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
1. Pandita, S.;Baweja, S. Qualitative carbohydrate analysis using alkaline potassium ferricyanide. Resonance, 2016,21(3): 285-288.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.