Allergen Screening & Analysis Service
Allergen is a type of antigens that produces an exaggerated immune system response. Such reactions are called allergies. Food allergies have many symptoms, and some of these can be incredibly severe, including itching of the skin, swelling of the face, acute breathlessness, a sore throat, in extreme circumstances, even death. It is triggered by specific foods such as eggs, milk, and peanuts. It can occur within minutes of consuming a food product. Therefore, allergens must be clearly stated by manufacturers on food labels, showing food source ingredients, additives and possible contamination of products where machinery is used for multiple processes. Failure to do so can lead to financial consequences and serious health problems for the industry and customers.
Various regulations have been made to allergen information throughout the world. European Union (EU) regulation number 1169/2011, which provides food information to consumers, requires labeling and mandatory allergen information. And the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 has been made to regulate allergen information about food by the USA, including all foods: certain egg products, most meats, poultry and the majority of alcoholic beverages.
Allergen Screening & Analysis at Creative Proteomics
At Creative Proteomics, our experts have years of experience in allergen screening and analysis, and we can provide services to test various groups of allergens present in food products
|Allergens that can be analyzed at Creative Proteomics|
|Vegetable allergens||Cereals containing gluten|
|Soybeans and products thereof|
|Celery and products thereof|
|Lupin and products thereof|
|Mustard and products thereof|
|Sesame seeds and products thereof|
|Peanuts and products thereof|
|Nuts (e.g. almonds, pistachio nuts, hazelnut, walnut, brazil nuts, cashews, pecan nuts, macadamia or Queensland nuts)|
|Animal allergens||Milk and products thereof (including lactose)|
|Eggs and products thereof|
|Crustaceans and products thereof|
|Molluscs and products thereof|
|Fish and products thereof|
|Pseudo allergens||Sulphur dioxide|
With our professional platform, we can provide sophisticated analysis technologies for robust detection and quantification of food allergens in a variety of complex food matrices, including but not limited to:
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Multiple allergens can be detected in a single analysis, with greater specificity, sensitivity, accuracy, reliability and fewer false negatives.
- Samples are prepared under ISO (International Standardization Organization)-controlled guidelines, and no additional preparation is necessary.
- Utilization of advanced equipment and technologies, such as Orbitrap mass spectrometry.
- Sophisticated analysis techniques are available for food allergens in a variety of complex food products, such as baby food, cereals and muesli, meat and meat products, herbs and spices, convenience food, sweets, pet food, chocolate, dietary supplements (dietary food, food diabetics) and so on.
- Creative Proteomics strictly complies with the quality assurance/quality control plan and regulatory requirements of each country and region to provide support to you, including but not limited to the following criteria and methods:
➢ EC 1935/2004
➢ DM 21/03/1973
➢ GB/T & SN
➢ UAE.S / GSO 2231: 2012
With our professional platform, we can provide various information about allergens. Our experienced scientists and advanced techniques enable us to deliver consistent and high-quality data with cost-efficiency. And we are the perfect partner for your business to help you mitigate risk and ensure the highest possible quality of your food product through our allergen test services. We look forward to cooperating with you.
1. Sindher S, et al. Analysis of a Large Standardized Food Challenge Data Set to Determine Predictors of Positive Outcome across Multiple Allergens. Front Immunol. 2018. 27 (9): 2689.
* Not intended for personal food safety testing.