Release agents are film-forming lubricating oils, solid lubricants, waxes, or fluids that prevent other materials from sticking or adhering to an underlying surface.
As an integral part of many manufacturing processes, release agents such as film-forming lubricating oils, solid lubricants and waxes are used to avoid damage to both the part and mold. When applied properly, they also help create a durable, high-gloss surface finish for finished parts. They are generally one of three types: mold release wax, PVA release agent or chemical release agent. When selecting release agent, both the materials undergoing molding and the molding processes should be take into consideration.
Types of release agents analyzed and tested at Creative Proteomics are as follows.
• Water Based Release Agents
• Solvent Based Release Agents
• Aerosol Release Agents
• Internal Mold Release Agents
Tests and analysis services for release agents at Creative Proteomics are as follows.
• Compositional Analysis
• Deformulation (reverse engineering)
• Identification of Unknown Material
• Fault Detection and Diagnosis in Industrial System
• Product and Process Development
• Contract R & D